[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "John ." <jvoigt at gmail dot com>
 To:  Aaron <lists at mycommunitynet dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VOIP issues/can't specify a particular pipe.
 Date:  Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:57:59 -0400
You need to create 2 pipes - 1 for inbound data and 1 for outbound.
Each should be about 95% of your total bandwidth in that direction (to
leave some slop for TCP overhead.)

You need to create queues inside these 2 pipes - 1 for your VoIP in
(in the inbound pipe) and 1 for VoIP out (in the outbound pipe) each
with weight 100.

You need to create appropriate queues in the 2 pipes for your other
traffic types. (normal, bulk etc.)  Each should have an appropriate
weight.

You need rules to make the traffic go the right places.

I think your problem is you have too many pipes.  You really only want
2 - 1 inbound and 1 outbound.