[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Sandro Matt" <sandro dot matt at arcade dot ch>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  radius accounting
 Date:  Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:57:23 +0200
Good day,

I would like to use a m0n0wall to control the Internet access of a
hotspot. I have activated the "captive portal" on the WLAN port. On the
Radius server there are clients which can surf 30min, 1h, 2h or
unlimited.
If I set the "hard timeout" to 1h I have to logon every hour. The 1h
user can logon as many times he wants until 1h is used. Afterwards you
can't login anymore. That part works.

It is unfortunate that the users have to login every hour and the 30min
users can use the internet for an hour as soon as they're loged on. The
option of setting the "hard timout" to 30min is out of question because
of the other users. It's to disturbing.

Is it possible that the m0n0wall would check the validity of the user on
the Radius server every minute and kick out the invalid users?

Sandro Matt