[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  James Mellor <james at jamesx dot com>
 To:  Tim Korves <tkml at cluster dash worxx dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Public IP's on OPT issue, my Brain hurts - please help ;-)
 Date:  Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:15:12 +0100
Thanks Tim,

I'll definately try that out when I've sorted out my routing issue.

Problem I have is that the WAN interface has an IP assigned from the
same /28 range as I want to give to computers on my network, I don't
mind losing an interface, but I need to use DHCP to assign IP's from my
/28 range to computers on my network then throttle their upstream and
downstream connection to the internet.

I don'w know what subnet to assign to each interface so that out of my
/28 range the WAN has one IP and the rest are available to my machines
on another interface without NAT or bridging, you may have quessed I'm
not too up on my IP addressing and stuff ;-)

Cheers, James....