[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  James Mellor <james at jamesx dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Public IP's on OPT issue, my Brain hurts - please help ;-)
 Date:  Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:30:54 +0100
Hi Chris,

I have a subnet mask of 255.255.255.240 on my WAN interface but haven't
configured the OPT interface yet, I haven't worked that bit out !!

I only need one IP on the WAN interface and would like to use any other
interface to use the DHCP server to assign the rest of my public /28 IP
range to computers on my network.

The computers need public IP's as they will be clients I'm selling
internet access to, if I can get this working I'll be very happy but if
I can get NAT working on another interface so that I can have a private
office network running then this will be great ;-)

Cheers, James...

P.S. Sorry it took so long to reply but I just got back from work, I'll
be monitoring the mail list for the next 5 hours and so will reply in a
matter of minutes to any replies...

Chris Buechler wrote:

>On 4/12/05, James Mellor <james at jamesx dot com> wrote:
>

>>For the life of me I can't seem to work out how to setup M0n0wall to do NAT on LAN and route a
public IP range to the OPT interface, I have read all the mail archive stuff and read the
documentation. Here's the setup I am trying to get working: