[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Thomas Huber <thuber at tln dot ch>
 To:  Xavier Beaudouin <kiwi at oav dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Radius
 Date:  Wed, 13 Apr 2005 23:49:52 +0200
Quickest for getting it to work:

1) Edit clients.conf and add an entry for your NAS (the m0n0-box)
2) Edit users and include:

testuser Auth-Type := MS-CHAP, Password == thisisatest
         Service-Type = Framed-User,
         Framed-Protocol = PPP,
         Framed-IP-Address = 192.168.11.22,
         Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.240,
         Framed-Routing = Broadcast-Listen,
         Framed-Filter-Id = "std.ppp",
         Framed-MTU = 1500,
         Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobsen-TCP-IP
3) configure m0n0-box
4) configure freeradius and move towards pam/ldap/oracle setup
(probably in that order ;-)
      - adding reasonable DEFAULT entry with something like:
        Framed-IP-Address = 192.168.11.16+,
        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.240,
      could help if you want to keep it simple and use system auth.

That's it from me, there are people who know better ...

Thomas