[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Tom Izard" <tizard at appleaid dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Speeding up the boot time?
 Date:  Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:42:02 -0400
Hello Group,

I have m0nowall running on a 4511 in ad-hoc mode as a wireless bridge
between

But, it takes too long to boot up!  I have a spec that requires me to be

operational in 20 seconds, not the 60 I use now.  Can anyone point me in

the direction of any work that has been done to speed up the m0n0wall
boot time?   (Soekris reports they will be coming up with a BIOS that
allows
the memory test to be skipped, but that only knocks off about 8
seconds.)

Thanks,

Tom

Thomas Izard