[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kerem Erciyes <k underscore erciyes at zegnaermenegildo dot it>
 To:  sunil arora <arora dot sunil at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] problem in exec.php of m0n0wall
 Date:  Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:35:55 +0300
hi,

Since monowall is a compressed image and is expanded to RAM disk, try
as you might, you cannot hack the monowall this way. I suggest you try
the m0n0wall hackers guide.

kerem

This message is OpenPGP Signed and content and
identity of the sender can be verified with a
pulic PGP key of the sender. Public PGP key
can be obtained upon request.

Friday, April 15, 2005, 9:40:24 AM, you wrote:

sa> Hi all,
sa> I am using m0n0wall 1.2beta version on a soekris 4501.
sa> I wanted to hack a bit in the m0nowall so tried to replace
sa> rc.initial file in /etc/
sa> I did the following

sa> went to the webpage
sa> http://monowall-ip/exec.php

sa> mounted md0 partion in rw mode
sa>    mount -o rw /dev/md0 /
sa> uploaded my rc.initial to /tmp and then copied
sa>   cp /tmp/rc.initial /etc/
sa> then i did cat /etc/rc.initial and saw the file actually got replaced
sa> .. and then rebooted the m0n0wall

sa> But then i saw not changes ,,,the file did not get replaced in last
sa> run... what could be wrong ??

sa> -sunil

sa> To unsubscribe, e-mail: m0n0wall dash unsubscribe at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
sa> For additional commands, e-mail: m0n0wall dash help at lists dot m0n0 dot ch