[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rich Elliott <rich at kc7cdk dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Can not get address from cable modem?
 Date:  Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:29:07 -0600
I can not seem to be able to get an address from my cable modem. For
testing purposes I left my network intact and added the PC with m0n0wall
to my router, booted m0n0 and it got an address from the router and the
interface status showed the gateway address. In this configuration I
could not see the internet.....

I reset the modem hooked the m0n0 box directly to the modem and booted
m0n0, on the interface status page it did not show a gateway address and
I could not access the  internet. I tried this with a straight and a
flip LAN cable.

I setup the DNS server addresses in the general page, but nothing seemed
to work.....

Help.....

Thanks,
Rich