[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Selina Holland <selage at sbcglobal dot net>
 To:  Ugo Bellavance <ugob at camo dash route dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Can not get address from cable modem?
 Date:  Fri, 15 Apr 2005 21:10:47 -0700 (PDT)
i had cable at one point, and what worked for me is in the setting where you have a mac address,
make that one read the mac address of the actual nic card that is connecting to the modem, in other
owrds, what ever is there make it say the REAL mac address......i have time warner, and comcast also
and worked like a charm for me

so to Recap,

look at console for mono, hit 1

then find the mac address of the wan connection write it down, then go to the gui and input that
same mac addresss into the seeting for mac address, and should work fine

Ugo Bellavance <ugob at camo dash route dot com> wrote:
Rich Elliott wrote:
> Thanks, I will try that.
>
> I have it setup now:
>
> cable modem --> linksys befw11s4 ---> PC's
>
> I want to go cable modem --> m0n0 ----->switch ---> PC's
> \--->
> wireless AP (befws4)
>
> Can I spoof the MAC address from the linksys?

No need for that, just reset your modem as David says. Then try to
reconnect with mono. Should work.