[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rich Elliott <rich at kc7cdk dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Can not get address from cable modem?
 Date:  Fri, 15 Apr 2005 22:54:06 -0600
Pulling my hair out!

I tried both, unplug modem for ~15 mins - restart cable modem - fire up
m0n0 - NO GO!

Next, unplug modem for ~15 mins - set m0n0 MAC to same as WAN mac on
BEFW11S4 (which was working as I type this) - restart cable modem - boot
up m0n0 - still NO GO.....

One thing I notice, when I hook m0n0 to a port on the linksys it grabs
an IP and on the link status page on the m0n0 it shows a gateway address
and no subnet mask but when I hook it to the cable modem it shows IP
address 0.0.0.0 and subnet as 255.0.0.0

Thanks to all who are trying to get me pointed in the right direction!

Later,
Rich

Selina Holland wrote:

>i had cable at one point, and what worked for me is in the setting where you have a mac address,
make that one read the mac address of the actual nic card that is connecting to the modem, in other
owrds, what ever is there make it say the REAL mac address......i have time warner, and comcast also
and worked like a charm for me

>so to Recap,
>
>look at console for mono, hit 1
>
>then find the mac address of the wan connection write it down, then go to the gui and input that
same mac addresss into the seeting for mac address, and should work fine