[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Kitchens" <spider at webweaver dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Re: Can not get address from cable modem?
 Date:  Sat, 16 Apr 2005 01:33:57 -0400
OK, lets start from the beginning. What hardware is your m0n0 running on?
What version m0n0? Are you sure the interface you are plugging the modem
into is the WAN? Silly question I know but even I have done it wrong before.
Two network cards I am assuming? Check the MAC address on the card itself,
most NIC's have it printed on the card. I have never needed to try spoofing
a MAC with m0n0wall. Since you can get to the m0n0 web pages I assume you
have the LAN card set correctly. Try using a different card for the WAN?
It's possible that card is not working if you are not getting a proper
subnet mask when hooked to the linksys. I have setup several m0n0walls up
for myself and clients on various cable networks and not had a problem. I am
using Comcast here and a few weeks ago set one up on Adelphia cable with no
issues.

Dave