[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey at goldmark dot org>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Boot times for m0n0wall on 4801?
 Date:  Sun, 17 Apr 2005 13:29:23 -0700
On Apr 15, 2005, at 12:20 PM, Tom Izard wrote:

> I am trying to determine if it is worth moving up to to the 4801
> from my current 4511 as part of my pursuit of a boot time
> approaching 20 seconds instead of the 60 seconds it takes now.

Following various suggestions in the m0n0 documentation, I've got boot
time to 28 seconds on a 4801.  I haven't tested that configuration for
a 4501.

The docs which I used as guidelines are at

   http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/notes.php

I may have done some other tweaking, but I stupidly don't have a copy
of what I did.  (This was for some set-ups for clients, and I don't
have easy physical access to them.)

-j