[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Nardone <jnardone at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  feature req: console access to config.xml
 Date:  Sun, 17 Apr 2005 20:57:12 -0400
First, my apologies in advance if this is already possible (couldn't
find any mention of it!)

It would be nice to have (write) access to config.xml from the
console.  In setting up a new box this weekend I sent up a corrupt
config file, which (unfortunately for me) required a lot of unscrewing
and moving of drives from the device (in this case, a Nokia IP-110) to
another machine.  (Which was originally used to first set up the
image, and then swapped out again to fix the MAC address problem,
which also could have been avoided if the config was fixable via the
console...)  There are definitely other reasons where this would be
useful (i.e. entered a rule that accidentally blocked access to the
GUI, etc.)

Ideally this would authenticate using admin user/pass, though on the
flip side if you can get to the console you're going to be able to get
at config.xml pretty easily anyway.

I love this product.  Keep up the good work.

Joe