[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  James Mellor <james at jamesx dot com>
 To:  Tim Korves <tkml at cluster dash worxx dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Public IP's on OPT issue, my Brain hurts - please help ;-)
 Date:  Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:52:15 +0100
Hi Tim,

I've setup my M0n0wall box so that the OPT and WAN interface has the
same IP address: 212.158.246.147 and the same subnet mask:
255.255.255.240 or /28 and my Laptop can connect the internet fine, the
LAN interface has default NAT'd setup and I have not created any rules ;-)

Problem is when I turn on Advanced Outbound NAT my Laptop connected to
the LAN interface cannot browse anymore, if I turn this off again then
all is fine again ? I read somewhere in these lists that I need to
create a rule for the LAN interface but it doesn't say anywhere what
type of rule to setup, do you have any ideas - by me turning on Advanced
Outbound NAT am I turning off NAT on the LAN interface as well as the
OPT interface ?

Cheers,
              James....