[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Gibson <agibson at ptm dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Feature to email when IP changes
 Date:  Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:07:56 -0400
Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> Adam Gibson wrote:
>
>> Any chance to get some kind of email sent out to let administrators
>> know when m0n0wall's IP changes?
>> It could be as simple as:
>

> Are you talking about a WAN dynamic IP address?

Yes.

I noticed that m0n0wall stores the IP address to a file and uses it to
know when the IP address actually changes to do some things.  It would
be nice to use that same logic to optionally send an email to a specific
address when the IP changes.  The file would need to be stored across
reboots though otherwise an email would have to be sent when the device
reboots and gets a new IP since it would not have the last IP address to
compare against.  I have a feeling that file is lost upon reboots.