[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Configuring OPT for LAN access only
 Date:  Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:50:30 -0400
This is probably a noob question, but I just want to confirm first.

I have setup m0n0wall v1.11 with three interfaces, WAN, LAN, DMZ. I
have not yet moved any servers from the LAN over to the DMZ. The NAT
1:1 is currently coming into specific LAN servers.

Our LAN network is 192.168.222.0 /24
The DMZ network is 192.168.10.0 /24
Test server 192.168.10.5 /24

I want to put a test webserver on the DMZ, but I don't want to make it
public, nor suseptable to WAN traffic. By simply not specifying any
NAT or Server settings will allow the server on the DMZ network to
remain invisible to internet traffic...Correct ??

The next step of testing I was planning to add an entry in one of our
internal DNS servers with a static router in m0n0wall for accessing
the webserver. Does this sound reasonable ?

My plan is to make the test server visible from the LAN but not the WAN.

Thanks

- Don