[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Robert L. Pumphrey" <rlpumphrey at 1mage dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  (Fwd) m0n0wall setup 101
 Date:  Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:10:03 -0600
First, Thank You to those who relpied to this email.

Second, After reding the replies.  I took a fresh look at what I could and could not
do on the testbox.  As I tested some new NIC cards the testbox started to fail, it
was and old P-166 which is why it was sitting around and I could use it to test
with.  I have now barrowed a somewhat better box and M0n0wall does much
better.  Thank You for the help.

From:           	Robert L. Pumphrey <rlpumphrey at 1mage dot com>
To:             	m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
Subject:        	m0n0wall setup 101
Date sent:      	Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:13:38 -0600

Dear M0n0wall community I could use some help.
I know these a simply questions, But there stopping me.

I would like to add a internal firewall. From time to time we have
Outside people come in, they have their own computers that they want
Internet access with.  Right now if we allow them to plug in to our network
They are on the whole of our network.  I would like to use M0n0wall so that they
are

servers
(web email ftp) .

of the M0n0wall can get out to our current Network. Current network is

point I have been using 192.168.1.1/24.  I have two rules defined one out one in
both should wide open.  Do I need to do anything with NAT, ARP. At this point of

a Cicso router to the internet that I do not feel the need to touch.

Sorry these are M0nowall 101 level question, But , who someone will help.

Robert Pumphrey
rlpumphrey at 1mage dot com
1MAGE Software Inc.
6025 S. Quebec St.