[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Robert L. Pumphrey" <rlpumphrey at 1mage dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] (Fwd) m0n0wall setup 101
 Date:  Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:50:52 -0400
You may have read or seen post about soekris. The cpu on those boxes
are not much faster. If you suspect hardware being the problem, strip
out as many of the pci/isa cards as you can. DLink makes a card which
will work with m0n0wall v 1.11 through v.1.2b7 DFE-530TX+. Netgear
make a card which I have only found to work correctly on v 1.11
(FA310Tx) Both for about $15.

Likewise if all you want is a limited FW/Router where the WAN port
connects to your LAN, check out http://www.freesco.org/

- Don