[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ugo Bellavance <ugob at camo dash route dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DMZ hosts and PPTP VPN
 Date:  Mon, 18 Apr 2005 23:26:56 -0400
Hi,

	Here is my setup:

3 interfaces m0n0wall : WAN, LAN, DMZ

I'm using one-to-one NAT for my servers in the DMZ

PPTP server is a windows server in the LAN.

In the m0n0 doc it says that servers in the DMZ cannot be accessed from
the LAN through their public IP address.

My solution: I use an internal DNS zone in my LAN so that when I request
one of my servers, it gives me its private IP address.

It works, but not in PPTP VPN.  In VPN, it seems to only resolve my
Active-directory-integrated zone, but no other zone.  For example, let's
say my NT domain is local.com, I can get the IP address of
server.local.com, but if I override example.com in a non-AD-integrated
zone, I cannot resolve www.example.com when I'm connected via VPN.  So I
get the public IP address of www.example.com when I request it and since
my VPN is in the LAN, I cannot access the servers in the DMZ through
their public IP address.

I will eventually use m0n0wall for my PPTP vpn, but I'd like to know if
anyone has been in a similar situation.  Will it be different using the
'pptp' interface?

Any insights?

Thanks,

Ugo