[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Rob Tucker" <rtucker at decalmods dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0nowall development.
 Date:  Fri, 5 Dec 2003 13:36:25 -0500
First I just wanted to say thank you to Manuel and all of the other
contributors to the m0n0wall project. I myself am beginning to develop
m0n0wall for my current employer. We were looking for a nice embedded
firewall/router/gateway system and why invent the wheel so we wanted to
use m0n0wall as a start to fill our needs. No reason to reinvent the
wheel when the wheel already works so well. I was wondering if there
have been any advancements to the package from what was listed in the
wishlist. The main one I would be interested in would be the dhcp lease
status page. Along with that I am going to develop a system for adding
real static ip address to a list then a nice interface to nat them 1:1

feature then contact me and my company and myself would be more than
happy to contribute it. A few questions that I had are does anyone have
any info as far as stability goes when having 30-50 clients connected to
the machine. And also as far as clients connecting to ipsec vpn
connections. We are a company that handles broadband access for hotels
so the ipsec issue is an important one. Thanks Manuel and crew for such
a great project, and I hope to start adding some useful contributions
soon.