[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Sancho2k.net Lists" <lists at sancho2k dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Integration of 802.1X in monowall AP
 Date:  Sat, 06 Dec 2003 10:36:58 -0700
My goal for the AP that I am creating would be to implement some
advanced authorization and authentication capabilities. The new wlan
security initiatives call for using 802.1X port authentication to do
this, and I already have a freeradius server and ldap directory set up
for this purpose.

Would it be possible to offer as a function of monowall the option to
enable 802.1X authentication on the wlan interface?  Would this be a
difficult integration? And is it even a functional possibility at this
time? My thought would be the use of the open1x package.

I know I could use ipsec or other methods to do this, but the overhead
of managing the vpn outweigh the advantage right now.

Another method I did like a lot was using authpf on my OpenBSD
installation to create an authentication gateway.

TIA

DS