[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Magne Andreassen" <magne dot andreassen at bluezone dot no>, "'John Voigt'" <1geek at jvoigt dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  fred at daytonawan dot com
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] FW: MAC filtering on wireless interfaces
 Date:  Sat, 6 Dec 2003 11:48:18 -0800
Hey Magne - I agree with you in pricipal - but there are different
realities - one like Fred seems to be talking about - WAP hotspots... would
put an unrealistic burden on the users to connect if we expect them to
configure IPSEC or PPTP on their windows boxes so they can surf in my coffee
shop.

Found the link I was thinking of Fred: http://nocat.net/

There is always a balance of security and usability - if the "cost" of
security sacrifices to much usability, then it's pointless - the system
won't be used at all...

my 2 pennies.
m/