[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Fred Weston" <fred at daytonawan dot com>
 To:  "'Mitch \(WebCob\)'" <mitch at webcob dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] FW: MAC filtering on wireless interfaces
 Date:  Sat, 6 Dec 2003 14:59:17 -0500
Hi Mitch,

  I've played with NoCat, but it requires you to set up your own
AuthService on a separate box if you want to have tight control over
your hotspot users.  That also means there has to be connectivity from
the AP back to the auth box, and if that were somehow broken nobody
could login.  My users are more or less stationary and always connected,
so I think something like NoCat would be cumbersome to them.  It does
offer the ease of centralized user management, but I just don't think
it's right for me.

Cheers