[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Sierchio <kudzu at tenebras dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Prioritizing ACK packets in FreeBSD
 Date:  Sun, 07 Dec 2003 13:20:11 -0800
d butter wrote:
> Could this be implemented into m0n0wall?
>
> I wouldn't know where to begin doing this myself, but I would love to
> see this as I'm sure others would also.
>
> http://www.topfx.com/prioritizingackfreebsd.shtml

If you want improvement in interactive traffic, focus SOLELY
on packet len.  The RIGHT way to do it is to split
where it minimizes the stddev in packet length.  The
easy way is to pick a number between 256 and 512 --
say 384?

queue 1 iplen 0-383
queue 2 iplen 383-1536

and give queue 1 a weight of 100 and queue 2 a weight of 10