[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Iedema" <iedemam at pluto dot dsu dot edu>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  *very* Odd question
 Date:  Sun, 7 Dec 2003 23:36:22 -0600
Hello list,
This should maybe be posted to a FreeBSD list, but since it is specific
to the configuration of m0n0wall I will ask it here.

*disclaimer* this is a VERY odd question.

I'm trying to mount a scsi drive in the computer that m0n0wall is
currently on.  It is the only computer I own with a 68-pin scsi
interface so that is why it is my only option :(

I cannot take the router down for long periods of time to install
another OS on so that is out as well.

So far I've uploaded to MAKEDEV script via the ftp and copied it over to
the /dev directory.  Now when I try to execute the script to build the
scsi device node I get

$ sh /dev/MAKEDEV da0
MAKEDEV: Can't open MAKEDEV: No such file or directory
MAKEDEV: Can't open MAKEDEV: No such file or directory
MAKEDEV: Can't open MAKEDEV: No such file or directory
MAKEDEV: Can't open MAKEDEV: No such file or directory
MAKEDEV: Can't open MAKEDEV: No such file or directory

Now I see this as a path issue.  It's trying to make da0,1,2,etc...  I
could be wrong, but I thought makedev was pretty much autonomous after
reading through it to see if it needs anything else to function.

I also tried uploading my device nodes da* and that was just an
experiment in stupidity.  It was worth a shot though....

Anyway if anyone has any insight into this, please let me know....I have
a final project on that Cheetah drive and it's due wed.  :)  Ah the joys
of finals week....

Thanks,
--Michael I.