[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kamil Wencel" <wencel at radion dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] FW: MAC filtering on wireless interfaces
 Date:  Mon, 8 Dec 2003 07:34:08 +0100 (CET)
security guy, all I wanted to point out was the best solution in
my opinion. Security Deployment is always a balance between costs,
effort to maintain and the security level.

What was not mentioned at all :

Being paranoid about that ( and I am still far away from it )
is a matter of law. Times where the internet was a free place
where everyone could behave as pleased are gone. I just don`t wanna
be prosecuted because some nerd used my line to do his stuff.
It would all be pointed on me.

All WE want to do is have fun with m0n0 and experiment a little

Always try to think like the dark side of the force ;)

Kamil

Referring to Fred Weston :
> Hi Mitch,
>
>   I've played with NoCat, but it requires you to set up your own
> AuthService on a separate box if you want to have tight control over
> your hotspot users.  That also means there has to be connectivity from
> the AP back to the auth box, and if that were somehow broken nobody
> could login.  My users are more or less stationary and always connected,
> so I think something like NoCat would be cumbersome to them.  It does
> offer the ease of centralized user management, but I just don't think
> it's right for me.
>
> Cheers

RADION
Digital Research & Innovation