[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Falcor <falcor at netassassin dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP setup question.
 Date:  Mon, 08 Dec 2003 00:39:03 -0600
ok update...

1.) got it working, somewhat.

I can establish the PPTP tunnel, authenticate get my IP etc.
I can route and access all the servers and systems on my LAN
I CAN NOT get to the internet (e.g. WAN)

Is there some route I need to add?  I tried creating a route to
0.0.0.0/8 from the pptp network to the LAN Interface of my m0n0wall.
 This had bad effects and did not work.  (I was just guessing at what to
do.)

Did I miss a step?  I am using windowsXP for the client and do not see
anything to change on the client end as well.

Tracerouting from the client when the PPTP tunnel is established for an
outisde IP/FQDN (say google.com in this case) first goes to the PPTP
gateway, then the route stops.  help please.

I promose to write out a how to when I get this working for everyone and
hopefully we can post it on the m0n0wall site.  ;)