[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kamil Wencel" <wencel at radion dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP setup question.
 Date:  Mon, 8 Dec 2003 09:00:37 +0100 (CET)
Referring to Falcor :
> Nevermind, figured it out.  I will still write a howto.  ;)

add our howto thoughts and get a final version.

Since I have my m0n0 handling 5 interfaces ( WAN / SDMZ / DMZ / WDMZ / LAN )
it is still a goal to get all those up and running properly.
The wireless Adapter still makes trouble and I am far from a

have on my m0n0. I just fancy looking at my hardware at night and
see what is going on.

Blinkenlights, blinkenlights. who needs a christmas tree.

Kamil

> Falcor wrote:
>
>>    ok update...
>>
>> 1.) got it working, somewhat.
>>
>> I can establish the PPTP tunnel, authenticate get my IP etc.
>> I can route and access all the servers and systems on my LAN
>> I CAN NOT get to the internet (e.g. WAN)
>>
>> Is there some route I need to add?  I tried creating a route to
>> 0.0.0.0/8 from the pptp network to the LAN Interface of my m0n0wall.
>> This had bad effects and did not work.  (I was just guessing at what
>> to do.)
>>
>> Did I miss a step?  I am using windowsXP for the client and do not see
>> anything to change on the client end as well.
>>
>> Tracerouting from the client when the PPTP tunnel is established for
>> an outisde IP/FQDN (say google.com in this case) first goes to the
>> PPTP gateway, then the route stops.  help please.
>>
>> I promose to write out a how to when I get this working for everyone
>> and hopefully we can post it on the m0n0wall site.  ;)
>>

>> Falcor wrote:
>>
>>> Hey everyone.  Sorry but I can't get to the m0n0wall website for some
>>> reason, keep getting 404 errors.  Let's hope this email makes it to
>>> the list server.
>>>
>>> I want to setup the PPTP server on the m0n0wall, is there a howto on
>>> this?  I can figure out the main PPTP page, but when I connect there
>>> are no routes setup and I want to make sure I set them up correctly,
>>> as well as any ACLs that I need to put in place.  Going on the road
>>> and I want to be able to VPN into the home network.  Thanks!!!
>>>
>>> -F

RADION
Digital Research & Innovation

Kamil Wencel