[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mike Maltese" <mike at pcmedx dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  "Frans King" <kingf at f333 dot net>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] UPnP
 Date:  Mon, 8 Dec 2003 09:13:27 -0800
> One feature that seems to be missing in m0n0wall that appears in a lot
> of home routers is UPnP support. I know its supposed to be insecure but
> as an optional extra it would be quite useful for those of us that like
> to chat (as in speak) over MSN. What's the likelihood of the FreeBSD
> ports of projects like http://upnp.sourceforge.net/ working with
> m0n0wall?

Well, Linux-IGD (http://linux-igd.sourceforge.net/) is in ports, and it
doesn't require the linux-base port or linux compatibility, so it seems
feasible to me. I think that the limiting factor would be the size of the
binary and it's dependencies. I'll give it a try on my 5.1 box and report
back when I get a chance.