[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bill Church" <bill dot church at bsius dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0wall + soekris + 45xx / 4521 + DP83815
 Date:  Tue, 9 Dec 2003 00:59:58 -0500
I have a Soekris net4521 and I've been trying to get m0n0wall running on it.

I can flash the card, setup the interfaces, get DHCP, and all but the bloody
thing is slower than molasses. We're talking 500 bytes/sec slow. I tested
the cables and everything with the PC version (CD-ROM + Floppy) and have no
problems there.

I just saw recently that there is a bug with the drviers on some
distributions and wanted to know if this was addressed yet in the m0n0wall
distro for the 45xx.

http://www.soekris.com/support.htm

0002. A small number of the DP83815 ethernet controller chips will, when
using short cables lengths (<30m/100ft) in 100Base-TX mode, have excessive
receive errors, or if the cable is very short, not receive at all. The
Activity LED will usually also flicker or be on constant. This can be fixed
in the software driver, please go to this page
<http://www.soekris.com/Issue0002.htm>  for more information about how to
update the drivers. Updated drivers will be posted on the download
<http://www.soekris.com/downloads.htm>  page as they become available.

Thanks,
Bill