[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tonni Aagesen <agent29 at stofanet dot dk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Basic setup?
 Date:  Tue, 09 Dec 2003 12:56:30 +0100
Hi list,

I recently became the happy owner of a soekris net-4801 board, and got
it up and running with the latest m0n0wall on a CF card.

My aim with the box is to share a internet connection between some
clients on the lan, NAT a few ports to some servers, and else block
unwanted trafic. My setup looks like this:

WAN ------- [x.x.x.x]  m0n0  [10.0.0.1/24] -------- LAN

                        OPT1 (unused for now)

I've activated the "brigde" thing, at it seems to be the only way, my
clients can use the internet. However, in this "mode" I can't reach the
webinterface. If the "Brigde mode" is turned of, I can reach the
webinterface, but not anything on the internet.

I guess my setup isn't that complicated, but searching the archives gave
me no answer to theese questions:

1) Is the "Brigde" mode nessecary to get clients on LAN on the internet?

2) If so, what should I do to make the webinterface accessible from LAN?

Note that, as with m0n0wall, I'm very new in the BSD world.

Kind regards
Tonni Aagesen