[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tonni Aagesen <agent29 at stofanet dot dk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Basic setup?
 Date:  Tue, 09 Dec 2003 14:57:04 +0100
Manuel Kasper wrote:

Thanks for the quick(!) answer. I'm glad it can be done so easy :)
I have another question thouogh:

> If you don't want to use DHCP on LAN, then that's fine, too - just make
> sure your clients use m0n0wall as their default gateway and have some
> DNS servers assigned, too.

I use DHCP on LAN with a server defined with "static" IP. On my previous
firewall (a debian box) I used dhcpd.conf to specify the gateway -
something like this:

subnet 10.0.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
	range 10.0.0.100 10.0.0.250;
	option domain-name-servers x.x.x.x y.y.y.y;
	option domain-name "domain.tld";
	option routers 10.0.0.1;
}

then clients automagically is assigned 10.0.0.1 as gateway - Have I
missed that option in the webinterface?

Kind regards
Tonni Aagesen