[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tonni Aagesen <agent29 at stofanet dot dk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Basic setup?
 Date:  Tue, 09 Dec 2003 17:56:38 +0100
Manuel Kasper wrote:

> No. m0n0wall's DHCP server automatically assigns m0n0wall's IP address on
> the corresponding interface to DHCP clients for use as the default
> gateway.

You are right... I previously specified a domainname in "Generel Setup"
(domain.tld), but somehow it won't set gateway. This is from "standard
setup" as described by you:

cello # route
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
[cut]
default         M0n0wall.local  0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0

If I change the domain to "domain.tld", I guess default would be:

default         M0n0wall.domain.tld  0.0.0.0         UG    0      0
    0 eth0

... and "M0n0wall.domain.tld" can't be resolved. I'm not sure how to
handle this, and it is well beyond the scope of this mailinglist :)

Any insight would be appriciated though. When I figure it out, I will
publish a howto somewhere.

Thanks for your answer.

Kind regards
Tonni Aagesen