[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "d butter" <dbutter69 at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Prioritizing ACK packets in FreeBSD
 Date:  Tue, 09 Dec 2003 16:54:18 -0600
Well like I said before, I have no idea how to do what you are saying.  I'm
afraid I must plead ignorant, however...

If you or anyone else would be willing to try and come up with a way to
include this in m0n0wall that would be great.
Seems like the traffic shaper is pretty good already, but it could use the
ACK prioritizing.

thanks

>d butter wrote:
>>Could this be implemented into m0n0wall?
>>
>>I wouldn't know where to begin doing this myself, but I would love to see
>>this as I'm sure others would also.
>>
>>http://www.topfx.com/prioritizingackfreebsd.shtml
>
>If you want improvement in interactive traffic, focus SOLELY
>on packet len.  The RIGHT way to do it is to split
>where it minimizes the stddev in packet length.  The
>easy way is to pick a number between 256 and 512 --
>say 384?
>
>queue 1 iplen 0-383
>queue 2 iplen 383-1536
>
>and give queue 1 a weight of 100 and queue 2 a weight of 10

Winterize your home with tips from MSN House & Home.