[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Thompson <jim at netgate dot com>
 To:  Charles <charles dot toepoel at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.2b7 with wlan card
 Date:  Mon, 18 Apr 2005 23:40:42 -1000
Charles wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have a soekris board 4501. I want to put a normal WLAN card in the
>PCI slot in order to use my soekris/m0n0wall as a WirelessAccessPoint.
>Is it possible or do I need a wlan minipci card ?

"normal WLAN card".  Hmm.  No such thing.

If you find a PCI card that has a supported chipset on it, then yes, its
likely to work.
The differences between PCI and miniPCI aren't really visible from
software-land.

You may also find that most PCI wlan cards are really miniPCI<->PCI
adapters, with
a miniPCI card under the shield.

Depending on the age of your case, you may, or may not have to drill a
hole for the antenna.

Jim