[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Jim Thompson <jim at netgate dot com>
 To:  Charles <charles dot toepoel at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.2b7 with wlan card
 Date:  Mon, 18 Apr 2005 23:40:42 -1000
Charles wrote:

>Hi all,
>I have a soekris board 4501. I want to put a normal WLAN card in the
>PCI slot in order to use my soekris/m0n0wall as a WirelessAccessPoint.
>Is it possible or do I need a wlan minipci card ?
"normal WLAN card".  Hmm.  No such thing.

If you find a PCI card that has a supported chipset on it, then yes, its
likely to work.
The differences between PCI and miniPCI aren't really visible from

You may also find that most PCI wlan cards are really miniPCI<->PCI
adapters, with
a miniPCI card under the shield.

Depending on the age of your case, you may, or may not have to drill a
hole for the antenna.