[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Ed Lentz <elentz at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP Stopped allowing connection
 Date:  Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:08:17 -0400
On 4/19/05, Ed Lentz <elentz at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> This is driving me nuts.  All last week i used a WinXP machine to PPTP
> into my office Mono ver1.11 network.  With no changes on the office
> system it started blocking the PPTP port 1723.  I can see it in the
> Firewall log being blocked.

That should be impossible, since the allow TCP 1723 to the WAN IP is
put in by a rule on the back side that you can't edit and is applied
before any subsequent rules.

See the section on "reading raw IPFilter logs" on this page.
http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/troubleshooting-firewall-rules.html
and report back which rule is blocking it, and what that rule is.
Your entire ruleset might also be helpful.

-Chris