[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Peter Guhl" <pgnews at siconline dot ch>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Antw: Re: [m0n0wall] IPSEC mobile client (TheGreenBow) --> m0n0wall: SAD and SPD remain
 Date:  Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:34:12 +0200
I would love to do this - but I doubt our customer is going to buy that (pun intended ;)

I tried to set up Microsoft's IPSEC-Client to test it with that one but since crucial system
services keep failing without even an error message I guess this one will not be the one that solves
my problems...

Currently I am experimenting with very short key lifetimes - no results yet. Do you think that could
help?

Regards
    Peter

>>> "Jeroen Visser" <monowall at forty dash two dot nl> 20.04.2005 14:06 >>>
On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 11:52:43 +0200, Peter Guhl wrote

> Shutting down the connection at the client (deleting from the connection
> window of TheGreenBow) normally removes some of the SAD-Entries (not
> allways all of them...).
>
> Do you have an idea? Is this a client- or a server-side-problem?

Same problem here.
I user Softremote LT so it looks like a server only problem.
Waiting for a day solves this, but is not acceptable. ;-)

I informed our remote users and told them this was a "security setting" that
kicked in when connecting to often, to prevent brute force attacks.
*evilgrinz*

--
Met vriendelijke groet,
Jeroen Visser.