[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ugo Bellavance <ugob at camo dash route dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Mail filtering gateway in DMZ config problem
 Date:  Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:02:27 -0400
Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> I tried with another port, same story:
>
> Result from my mail_filter:
>
> [ugob@mail ugob]$ telnet pop.videotron.ca 110
> Trying 24.201.245.36...
> Connected to pop.videotron.ca.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> +OK Microsoft Exchange 2000 POP3 server version 6.0.6603.0
> (mtlnt501fs.CAMOROUTE.COM) ready.
> quit
> +OK Microsoft Exchange 2000 POP3 server version 6.0.6603.0 signing off.
> Connection closed by foreign host.
>
> Result for a 'sane' host (my home machine):
>
> [root@home root]# telnet pop.videotron.ca 110
> Trying 24.201.245.36...
> Connected to relais.videotron.ca (24.201.245.36).
> Escape character is '^]'.
> +OK Messaging Multiplexor (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 HotFix 1.21
> (built Sep  8 2003))
>
> Thanks,

I thought of a (rather kuldgy, but working) solution for my problem.

I configured my MTA on my mail_filter server to use port 26 for sending
to my internal_mail server.  Then, I configured m0n0 to use inbound NAT
on port 26 (DMZ), and send it to my internal_mail on port 25 (or I could
have configured my internal_mail to listen on port 26).

Now it works, but if anyone has any idea about what is happening, please
let me know.  Should I try the IPFilter mailing list?

Thanks,

Ugo