[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Imre Ispanovits <iimre at vnet dot hu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WEP on WiFi
 Date:  Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:35:41 +0200
On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:45:41 +0200
gaelic <gaelic at cargal dot org> wrote:

> hi
>
> even if you enable wep encryption its a security hole.
> only vpn and wpa (better wpa2) are save enough.
>
> greetings
>
> gaelic

Yes sure, you are right that it is not very secure, but for home it is enough
for me and very easy to set up. WPA support is not yet in monowall I guess (and
I'm afraid my card doesn't supports it as well). Anyhow WEP is on the m0n0wall
GUI config, and if it was working, it would be the most simple solution.

Imre