[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rob Parker <rob dot parker at keycom dot co dot uk>
 To:  "Jacky C.K Tsoi" <cktsoi at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] [1.2b7] Captive Portal with RADIUS
 Date:  Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:55:22 +0100
I'll post this again as it's obviously been lost somewhere in the ether...

There is indeed a small bug in 1.2b7 captive portal RADIUS code related to
per-user bandwidth control. You will find that either commenting this code
out will sort the problem (as has just been pointed out), or you can make
your RADIUS server return some additional vendor-specific attributes, so
that the code has a payload to process (it doesn't matter about the content
of this payload - the only attributes the code processes are Nomadix-Bw-Up
and Nomadix-Bw-Down (nomadix VSA's))... I know this solution is probably the
simpler of the two, and has worked successfully for a few people (at least
using FreeRadius and I think the Multitech RADIUS server too).

I believe a couple of people were working on patches to submit for this
problem, as I don't have the time at the moment to go through it and build
new patches to submit to Manuel, unfortunately :(

Cheers,

Rob.