[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Korves <tkml at cluster dash worxx dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DHCP With Public IP's
 Date:  Fri, 22 Apr 2005 23:33:29 +0200
Hi Don, hi All,

> Not to question your wisdom, but rather better my understanding.
>
> I can see using public IP's for a DMZ, but why would you want public
> IP's on the LAN at all.
>
> Just curious...

why curious? I also have a /27 subnet for my LAN and all my Servers
within the LAN. The public hotspot is on an OPT and also my clients
which are not serving for anyone outside are on another OPT. So I have
3 Subnets, one public without NAT or PAT (NAPT), two with NAT and
excessive use of firewall rules. Even if a MS Windows Client connects
to my public LAN, there's only a small chance to get infected with a
worm or virus, due to my firewall rules. Also SMB conns are not
possible from the outside to my LAN clients... :) I'm very happy with
this setup...

Tim