[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Daniele Guazzoni <daniele dot guazzoni at gcomm dot ch>
 To:  m0n0wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Port 445 Huge increase in blocked packets
 Date:  Sat, 23 Apr 2005 10:37:38 +0200
Yep,

a new malaware is spinning around.
It starts with ARP scans and try over the well known sasser vulnerability (port 445) to propagate.
As long as you have:
- m0n0wall
- block MS ports
or you live in a Microsoft-Free zone (like me), you don't have to worry about...

	best regards

Daniele Guazzoni
Senior Network Engineer, CCNA, CCNP

Ackersteinstrasse 203
CH-8049 Zurich
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice;
it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
					William Jennings Bryan