[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Braden McGrath" <braden at mcmail dot homeip dot net>
 To:  <gary at kryptic dash x dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Workgroup issues
 Date:  Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:27:29 -0400
This is your d-link's fault, not the m0n0wall.

Unless you have a need for a separate, NAT'ed subnet behind the d-link,
I'd advise simply plugging m0n0 into a LAN/switch port on the DLINK, and
disable the d-link's DHCP server.  (This is what you detailed in the
setup you were pondering.)  Just make sure you plug the m0n0 into a
switch/LAN port on the d-link instead of the internet/WAN port, and it
should work fine.  You're basically just turning the "wireless router"
into an access point instead.

I do this at home with a Linksys and a Netgear.

--Braden