[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  A dot L dot M dot Buxey at lboro dot ac dot uk
 To:  Christian Oswald <coswald at dls dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] FW: RE: tftp config
 Date:  Sun, 24 Apr 2005 10:39:09 +0100
Hi,

> I guess I need my head examined :)  I have the following setup at a few
> different locations:
>
> Asterisk server
> With polycom &------------------->
> Monowall------->cisco/polycom/grandstream phones
> Cisco config files

why do you not put the server behind the firewall, with the required
port forwarding? or onto a DMZ with relevant pinholes for communication?

> The cisco and polycom phones basically pull the configuration files from
> the asterisk server via tftp (why cisco and polycom have chosen to do
> this is beyond me, but anyway). I too would prefer to use monowall over

almost all IP phones do this - it allows you to fix the numerous bugs they
still all have. nothing like a 2 minute bootup before you can place
a simple call! ;-)

Alan