[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rui Correia <rds underscore correia at mailshack dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  What's the minimum soekris specs to run 1.2b7?
 Date:  Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:34:21 +0000 (UTC)
Hi guys,
I'm sorry about having to repost this question...
I posted this exact same question on 17/04/2005, but until now no answers.
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.security.firewalls.m0n0wall/16031

I have a Soekris net4521@100Mhz with 64MB.
Works like a charm on m0n0 1.11 but crawls with on m0n0 1.2b7.
Actually it starts running ok when it boots up with 1.2b7.
But then after some minutes my Internet connection starts going slower and
slower until it almost freezes.
Actually I would say it has more to do with the LAN connection than it has to do
with the WAN connection since accessing the webGUI is also very painful.
Since m0n0 1.11 runs smoothly I assumed it was a hardware specs problem.
So again: what's the minimum soekris hardware specs to run 1.2b7 as a simple
router (no traffic shaping/VPN/etc)?
Anybody with a similar box running 1.2b7 without problems?
TIA
Cheers