[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rui Correia <rds underscore correia at mailshack dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: What's the minimum soekris specs to run 1.2b7?
 Date:  Mon, 25 Apr 2005 01:06:47 +0000 (UTC)
Brett Krueger <sigterm <at> rootednetworks.com> writes:

> Rui,
> 	Something must be wrong then, I've used the 4521 all over the place
> over the past year now, and I have 1.2b7 running on a 4521  currently,
> with no delays or "crawls".  It has multiple ipsec tunnels running with
> pptp as well.  So im not too sure what to tell you since diagnosing a
> soekris can be a nightmare.  Honestly, maybe check your cables on the
> LAN hookups for bad splices or terminated ends?  Diagnosing a soekris
> board can drive a person nutty since its integrated.   G'luck.
>
> -
> Brett Krueger
> sigterm <at> rootednetworks.com
> http://www.rootednetworks.com

Hi Brett,

Thanks for the quick reply.
I've checked all my cables and they're all measuring perfectly.
BTW I would figure they'd be ok since when I'm running m0n0 1.11 the box
works perfectly.
Are your net4521 running at 100Mhz and with 64MB too?
I'm asking because I don't know if this box has been made with more RAM
recently.
Since it works fine on m0n0 1.11 I think I can rule out cables and hardware
issues.
Anyway, I'll give it another try in the next few days:
- I'll backup my 1.11 config file (just in case)
- I'll reset the box to factory defaults
- and I'll upgrade it to 1.2b7 again.
That means I'll do all my config from a fresh xml file.
If it turns out the same results I've had in the recent past, I won't know
what to do then.
Maybe there is a BIOS upgrade or something that could help.
I'll check on Soekris site, but since I don't have a null modem cable I
won't be able to upgrade it ASAP.
But thanks for your input on my problem.

Cheers