[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "NewMedia42" <newmedia42 at excite dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Problem with multiple SIP devices behind Mono
 Date:  Mon, 25 Apr 2005 23:00:37 -0400 (EDT)
I am having an interesting problem, that looks so far to be related to monowall.  I'm running the
latest beta (1.2b7) on a Soekris 4801, behind that I have roughly 10 machines and about an equal
number of SIP devices (in this case, Polycom IP600's).  Now, when I initially did the setup of the
phones, I had all of them running behind a DLink DI-614+, then moved them to the office for normal
deployment.  The issue is that some of the phones boot up and run normally, while others boot and do
their FTP to get configs, etc, but they don't seem to be able to make outbound SIP requests (UDP).
On the Asterisk server I'm running, I monitored their activity, they came in on FTP fine, but I
never got a single UDP packet from them - but this is only a few of the phones; about 4 or 5 booted
up, work fine, and continue to work fine.

I initially thought the problem was with the phones, so I took one that was having problems back to
my house, plugged it in, and it works flawlessly.  Any ideas as to why this would be happening?
There is literally a brand new mono install, so there is nothing beyond the default configuration in
use at the moment.

I plan on going in the morning and running a packet sniffer to see if I can see what's happening,
but I still wanted to ping the bigger brains in the list to see if anyone else has experienced
something like this and why.

Interestingly, we use mono (running 1.2b1) as the firewall for the Asterisk box and it's working
fine in that capacity - although it's running as just a firewall really, no NAT.

Any thought, ideas, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com