[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Shelby Westman <shelby dot westman at gmail dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] trouble with PPTP VPN (and Proxy ARP)
 Date:  Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:19:53 -0500

> I'd strongly suggest upgrading.  It would take less than a minute
> offline to upgrade to 1.0, then another minute to upgrade to 1.11
> (have to do that in that order to upgrade the pb versions).

I think you are right.  Another reason I have been avoiding the
upgrade is because I currently use aliases on my WAN interface which I
then NAT to my DMZ.  I understand that I would need to convert those
to Proxy ARP.  I think this is easy to do, but I don't want to be
fumbling around with it.  I guess I need to bite the bullet and do it.

My ISP is great - the last time I did a computer swap on my firewall,
they updated their ARP cache immediately when I asked.  It I go to
Proxy ARP, I should not have to ask them to do this, right?

Thanks
Shelby