[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jacky C.K Tsoi" <cktsoi at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Throughput benchmark
 Date:  Wed, 27 Apr 2005 08:26:30 +0800
Thank you all of you for the information, it really helps me so much.
 I think I'll use following machines for testing (using iperf) :-
 Endpoint A:
- AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (2GHz)
- 1GB Memory (Dual Channel)
- RHEL 4 / Windows XP
- Marvell Gigabit Ethernet
 Endpoint B:
- Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz HT
- Intel D865GLC Motherboard
- 512MB Memory (Dual Channel)
- Windows XP
- Intel Pro/100 VE Ethernet
 Gateway1 (to be benchmarked):
- Intel Pentium II 450MHz
- 256MB Memory
 - (motherboard to be checked)
- 3Com 3C905C-TX Ethernet
  Gateway2 (to be benchmarked):
- Intel Pentium III 450MHz
- 256MB Memory
 - (motherboard to be checked)
- 3Com 3C905C-TX Ethernet
 Gateway3 (to be benchmarked):
- Intel Pentium 4 1.6GHz
 - 256MB Memory
- (motherboard to be checked)
- 3Com 3C905C-TX Ethernet

Gateway4 (to be benchmarked):
- Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz HT
- Intel D865GLC Motherboard
- 512MB Memory (Dual Channel)
- 3Com 3C905C-TX Ethernet
 However, the bad news is that I don't have enough Gigabit Ethernet card for
testing, I'll try to see if I can purchase more to do the test, otherwise, I
can only test with those 100Mbps Ethernet card :(
  P.S. I also wonder whether different motherboards (south/north bridge
chipset) will have different performance on this kind of task, so I might
also test about it :)
 Thank you all of you~

--
Jacky C.K Tsoi