[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "NewMedia42" <newmedia42 at excite dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Problem with multiple SIP devices behind Mono
 Date:  Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:59:20 -0400 (EDT)
Just an update - the problem is definitely in Mono; I swapped it out with a DLink DI-604, and all of
the SIP devices are working correctly.

I installed one of the SIP phones on a hub and monitored it using ethereal, and it is sending out
the SIP requests, but no response comes back.  According to Mono's firewall log, nothing is getting
filtered.  What it looks like is there is some limit or issue related to concurrent UDP sessions;
maybe something in the order of 5 or 6 are allowed before it discards other devices.  It also seems
to be keeping state, since if I reboot all the devices, the same 5 or 6 will work again, but none of
the others do.  I should point out that on the DLink, all the devices work flawlessly, and nothing
else on the network was changed.

Once again, any insight would be appreciated!